With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I’ve decided to share the top 5 fashion and beauty lessons I learned from my awesome mom.
- Stay out of the sun. As a melanoma survivor, my mother has not seen the sun in at least 25 years, and her skin looks great because of it. She has incorporated sun block and fashionable hats into her vacation routine so the sun can never find her.
- Try it on. No matter what something looks like on a clothes hanger, it may look completely different on your body. Don’t rule it out if it has potential.
- Vintage is wonderful. Consignment stores are some of the best places to find gorgeous vintage clothes, shoes and handbags. Shop there without a goal and you never know what you’ll find.
- Bring a sweater… because you’ll always need it!
- Load up your glove compartment with every product you could possibly need… but probably never will use!
Feel free to send in your mom’s best tips and I’ll post them on Indulge! JPini@captivate.com
Labels: Lessons I learned from my mom