Celebrity hairstylist Philip Pelusi has some tips if you're looking for lush, voluminous hair without looking like you just walked off the set of 'Sweet 16.'
- Use a volumizing conditioner and shampoo: Volumizing products (such as the P2 InCrease Volumizze Shampoo and Conditioner) are formulated not to weigh hair down. Be careful to apply conditioner only to ends.
- Give Your Roots a Boost: Apply a root lifter before blowdrying, from midshaft to root (try Mod di Phy Define Root Lift Volumize Spray)
- Blow dry for “oomph”: Lift sections of hair toward the sky as you blow-dry, directing hot air toward your scalp.
- Don’t blow-dry upside-down: To keep volume modernized, do not flip your head over
- Back-brush instead of tease: Instead of teasing your tresses with a comb, use a flat-backed brush, which will damage your hair less
- Mist hairspray – Heavy hairspray is more likely to weigh hair down instead of give it volume. Spritz hairspray in to the air and walk through it (try Mod di Phy Fluid Shaping & Finishing Spray)
Labels: Achieving volume in 2010