While many men have cut back on shopping lately, they haven't switched from Ferragamo to Wal-Mart. The fact that men are not skimping on quality is one of the conclusions from a recent GQ study titled "What Men Are Buying."
Some highlights from the study include:
Men still want to look great
- 71% of respondents said “they’d rather make small cutbacks elsewhere than cut back on the items that relate to their personal appearance.
- Men are least likely to cut back on fragrances, grooming, apparel, and footwear
Few are switching from "D&G" to "Smells like Designer"
- 76% of respondents agree that "in these tough economic times it is more important than ever to buy products and services that have a reputation for quality, even if it means spending more money for that type of product"
- 94% would rather spend “more money for products with lasting value than get savings on products that will only last a short time"
Entertaining at home has grown in popularity ... and men are still spending on drinks
- 70% of men agree that they will be spending more or the same amount one wine and liquor
Thanks to our friends at GQ for sharing this study!
Previous post: Shopping for spring
Labels: What Men Are Buying GQ study