I do have some ideas on how to achieve the perfect dewy look …
- Stick with colors that are earthy. I recommend choosing colors for your cheeks and eyes that include (depending on your skin tone) bronze, gold, olive, copper or rose
- Use a light hand and minimal product. A lot goes a long way.
- Try focusing on one area, either shimmer lips or eyes. Maybe combine 1 of those with your cheeks, but I would hesitate before going with the full face.
- If you suffer from acne or have a descent amount of scarring or wrinkles, I would recommend sticking with your usual make-up and playing up your eyes or lips with shimmery products. I think mineral make up can, at times, sink into crevices and accentuate any unevenness.
- Use a base powder on your eyes before applying eye shadow to avoid creases
- Favor this look at night when you’ll have a nice reflective glow, as opposed to a sweaty look that can come from wearing shimmery makeup in the sun.
- Do not choose shimmery makeup for a wedding, prom or anywhere there will be a lot of photos. The products look highly reflective in flash photography.
I chose this photo of Heidi Klum because she has the perfect glow, without looking shiny or too metallic. She use the Victoria's Secret Makeup Spring Look Kit. I am a big fan of Bare Escentuals and recommend you go to Sephora (or another retailer) and have one of their make-up artists test out the different products on you. Shimmery make-up done right will give you a flawless, dewy look that is perfect for spring or summer.