We love our beauty products so taking care of them can not only make them last longer, but keep them clean and healthy for us. Teen Vogue consulted Philippe Chansel, Creative Director of Ready To Wear Cosmetics, for information on when it is best to toss your products -these are some of the highlights:
- Your make-up bag: Keep it clean and free from spills.
- Brushes, sponges and puffs: Was them every 1-2 weeks. Chansel says this not only keeps them clean, but allows the true colors of you make-up to show.
- Mascara: If you use your mascara about once a day it should be used up in three to five months and then should promptly be thrown away
- Lipsticks, glosses and foundations: Chansel recommends throwing them out after 1 year is you have not used them
- Keep all make-up clean and away from sun and heat
Our additions to this list:
- Do not share make-up with anyone
- If you buy something and it doesn’t seem right from the start, bring it back asap. Stores should honor if something is defective
- If you are going to thin out your nail polish, do it once. Anymore than that and you are compromising the color.
- If you think it is too old, it probably is!!
Labels: Taking care of beauty products